Texas Dentists for Medicaid Reform is organized by dentists who are concerned about the future of dental care for the over three million Texas children eligible for Medicaid.
While fraud, waste and abuse within the Medicaid system cannot be tolerated, the practices of many dentists, their reputations, and their families have been hurt by the bureaucratic red-tape and bungling of state Medicaid officials and the unjust tactics of their enforcement arm, the Office of Inspector General, before its reform in 2015.
TDMR has been successful in crusading and getting reform in these areas.
95% of dentists surveyed who take Medicaid patients do so for altruistic reasons—helping impoverished children and families obtain needed dental care. When they are successful and honest, they deserve to be assisted and protected for their efforts.
Our purposes are as follows:
- Be an organized effort to reform Medicaid.
- Provide advocacy for dental Medicaid providers and work with legislatures and health professional organizations such as TMA and TDA to bring forward legislation to balance the playing field for all Medicaid providers.
- Bring providers’ stories to the public.
- Take on a watchdog role to expose injustice within Medicaid.
- Provide news and updates about Medicaid reform.
Have an issue with Medicaid? Let us know by using our Medicaid Difficulty Alert form.
Meet our Board members.